If you think your child is entitled to a FREE SCHOOL MEAL, please contact the Office for more details.
Each Year the school receives supplementary funding from the government to provide additional support and educational experiences for children who are adopted, looked after or come from lower income homes. This funding is called Pupil Premium and can help ensure all children have access to the same opportunities and activities. The funding is used in school in a variety of ways, e.g. support for additional teaching, or other school activities which in turn benefits your child.
Despite all children being entitled to a free school meal throughout Reception, Year One and Year Two, parents do need to register for the free school meals in order for the school to receive the Pupil Premium funding.
Families who receive one of the following benefits may be eligible:
• Income Support
• Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
• Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit (but no Working Tax Credit is being received by the claimant or his/herpartner and the combined annual income as assessed by HMIR on a TC602 form is notabove £16,190)
• The Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit
• Asylum Seeker under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 Registration.
Please click here, where you will find an application form, or search for ‘Lancashire County Council Free School Meals Registration’.